Heart & Home Real Estate
10 Quick things to do to have your home in "SHOW READY" condition
Preparing For a Home Showing
- Go room by room & pick up any clutter.
- If needed: dust, vacuum, clean off cobwebs.
- Turn on all lights- if any are burned out, replace them.
- Open curtains / blinds to let natural light in.
- All toilets are clean & all seat lids are fully closed.
- Pick up & remove pets: food, beds, toys, & especially backyard 'doggie bombs'- we don't want any potential buyer to step in them & ruin their experience.
- Air Freshener: marketing studies show that citrus smell sells. Make sure your home smells mildly clean & fresh!
- If you have AC, make sure its on to keep the home nice and cool (when hot outside), vice versa with heater when cold outside.
- If possible remove cars from driveway.
- Hide trash cans & store away loose items outside.